Monday, May 26, 2014

May is almost over????  Where did all the time go?  But this past week has been mixed with the good times and the bad.  I'll go with the hard stuff first.  Well we have to extend the baptismal date for the Bordon kids from this week to sometime in June; on the other hand Joselito is going to be baptized this Saturday which is awesome!!  I haven't seen somebody more excited to be baptized than this man.  His love for this gospel and his desire to share it is unlike anything I've ever seen before in my life.  He wants so much for his wife to come with him to church and he does everything he can to try to convince her.  It was funny because the other day we taught him about Tithing and Fast Offerings and he said that he'd fast for his wife to come to church with him.  What faith!!!!  As the transfer is getting closer to the end, I really am having the feelings of not wanting to leave.  I'm a wild card this transfer because this is my third transfer here and I've only been with Elder San Pedro for one transfer.  I sure hope that I'm here for my birthday!!!
This Ragay branch is truly a very special branch of our Heavenly Father.  The excitement and the willingness of the members to participate in missionary work is uncanny.  Back at home where it's hard to get one youth member to come out sometimes; here we have 10 different youth plus adults who come to work with us.  Their faith and their testimonies only make the lessons that much better too.  Sometimes I wonder of why I was blessed to be able to serve in such a great area.  Of course I've had my fair share of difficulties, but the people help make the challenges not seem so bad. 
It's so much fun to hear about what's going on back at home. Yeah I'm not going to lie, at times I get a little bit homesick (especially now during the playoffs) and I want to go home because I miss you guys; but I wish all of you could experience what I get to experience everyday.  It sure is hard but the feeling that you get is unbelievable.  I honestly can't put it into words because you just have to find out for yourself of what it's like.  I love you all and I hope that you enjoy this summer!!!  Mahal na mahal ko po kayo!!  May God be with you till we meet again.
                                    -Elder Cole

No comments:

Post a Comment