Monday, May 12, 2014

Well it's a big bummer that we weren't able to skype earlier today.  There was brown out (Black Out) in all of Camarines Sur until noon so I wasn't able to access the internet until now.  I tried to buy an international call card but well... they don't sell them here in Ragay.  I guess we'll just have to wait until Christmas.  I was really looking forward to talking with you guys but at least I was able to send this email letting you guys know of what's going on.

This past week has been pretty awesome.  My new companion is Elder San Pedro.  He's from Cebu and he's just as big of a basketball junky as I am.  Everyday this past week we've woken up early so we could play basketball longer.  I love this guy like a brother.  We've only been together for a week but I already feel that we are practically brothers.  On a different note... I am now the only American in the apartment and all of the other Elders in my apartment speak Cebuano.  I'll just say that I don't understand anything of what they're saying!!!!  It's just like when I arrived here in the Philippines.  But it's alright; it's not very often when you have two other people who speak your native language living in the same apartment.  

Yesterday was pretty funny.  Elder San Pedro and I were walking to one of our appointments and we met this guy who was walking so we started talking to him and later he invited us to his house so that he could learn more about our church.  So when got to teaching him about prophets; Elder San Pedro asked him if a stranger had the authority to come onto his property without permission.  So this guy "Jomar" said "If any stranger came on my property I would kill them" and he gave us both this really freaky look.  I'm not going to lie I almost peed my pants because he looked so serious.  I'm sure glad he invited us to his house and we didn't find him tracting.  

Well my dearest family.. I wish with all of my heart that I could have been able to skype with you earlier, but I guess we'll just have to wait until Christmas again.  I love you all so much and I'm so grateful for everything that you guys do for me in my life.  I wouldn't be anything without you guys.  Every time that I think about giving up because missionary life is rough; "The Best Two Years doesn't do service to how hard missionary work really is" I think of all the wonderful things, and the sacrifices of so many people so I could have this opportunity to preach the gospel to these wonderful people of the Philippines.  Take care and be safe.  I love each and one of you with all of my heart.  Only 14 months to go which honestly isn't a lot of time considering how fast this year has gone.  Mahal na mahal ko po kayo!!!  May God be with you till we meet again.


No comments:

Post a Comment