Saturday, May 3, 2014

Oh my gulay, this is already the last week of the transfer!!!  It's amazing how weeks feel like days and months feel like weeks.  I can't believe I've already been in Ragay for 11 weeks. It's even more strange to think that I'm going to be 19 in a little over two months and then after that... I'll be halfway done with my missionary service.

This past week has been pretty fantastic.  Elder Joaquin and I have been working our butts off even though it's been hotter than ever this week; but it payed off.  We have gotten 4 new investigators this week and now we have 5 more baptisms planned in May.  Now I can really see why the Lord is sending more missionaries to the Philippines; because the people here are ready to hear the gospel!  Very rarely do Elder Joaquin and I not get in a house because they don't want to listen, most of the time it's just because there's not a male in the house.  The kindness and the caring of these Filipino people goes beyond what I could ever imagine myself being.  They are such a good example of being Christlike and of showing love for all people.  

I think one of the highlights of this week was when Elder Joaquin and I were teaching one of our new investigators (Fernando) and his family.  He has five kids and his wife passed away not to long ago.  But his youngest child is a little younger than Jarod and he totally reminds me of him.  Aaron always runs up to me with a little grin on his face and holds my hand while we walk.  But while we were teaching, he grabbed onto my arm and looks up to me and says "Your my best friend".  It was easily one of the cutest things that has happened to me here.  Kids here are so funny.. annoying sometimes but hey, it makes it feel like home.

It's so crazy that Maddie is getting baptized next week and that I'm almost in the last year of the teenage stage of my life.  Time seems to go by a lot faster now than when I was a kid.. especially around Christmas time.  But I've only got a little over a year left here so I'm going to enjoy every moment.  I love you all and I'm grateful for what you have all done for me in my life.  Mahal na mahal ko po kayo!!  May God be with you till we meet again.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment