Wednesday, May 7, 2014

This past week has been a blast!!!  Elder Joaquin is getting transferred so I am currently awaiting to who will become my new apprentice (no I'm not training I just really wanted to say that).  On a different note, I think that this week we have had more dinner appointments than I've had on my mission so I really do feel like I've gained a little bit of weight if you couldn't tell in my pictures

Work this week was a little harder this week than in the past but that didn't stop us.  Even though it's been 95 degrees with like...,.. a lot of humidity.  The highlight of working this week was when we were tracting in Kali (one of our newer areas), we met this guy who wanted to become friends with me.  So we ended up teaching him a  lesson and afterwards he pulled out his guitar to for Elder Joaquin which eventually led to this guy and I singing "American Pie".  It was one of those moments where I couldn't help but laugh.  One a more serious note; when Elder Joaquin and I were contacting a tract, we taught him the first lesson and he was really interested.  He asked us of why America is the chosen land of God because life there is so much easier than here in the Philippines.  So we explained to him in the Book of Mormon of why America is the chosen land.  But at the end of the lesson when we invited him to pray, he started to cry and the spirit was so strong.  It made me realize of the really how important the gospel is and of how much these people need it in there lives.

You might be wondering of why this email is coming a little later... but earlier this morning, we as missionaries had the opportunity to accompany the young men to the BEACH for their activity.  I hadn't seen the beach in 10 months until that point so it was quite the site and the experience.  Although I got more red than Eric Sharp at scout camp ha ha.(which means I was redder than a lobster).  True story.


Congratulations Maddie on being baptized!!!  You made such an important decision in your life and I'm proud of you.  Continue to read the Book of Mormon often and always keep you testimony strong.  I love you all and may the Lord continue to bless all of you as you strive to follow Him.  Mahal na mahal ko po kayo!!!  May God be with you till we meet again.

No comments:

Post a Comment