Monday, May 19, 2014

Man.. I don't know where to start.  So much has happened this week it's insane!!  Well I'll just start off by saying...... I MISS SNOW!!!! I never thought those words would come out of my mouth (or on a keyboard) but it's the honest truth.  This past week it's been hotter than I've experienced so far in my young adult life.  I think I've lost a little bit of weight just because of how much I've been sweating and walking.  But it's been worth it.  This past week Elder San Pedro and I have gotten 5 new investigators and four of them are makakapatid (Siblings), and the other one is the brother of one of our long time investigators!!!  There are always people who are willing to listen, sometimes they're just right in front of our eyes.  This past week we also had Zone Training which really opened my eyes to how important finding (tracting) really is.  It made me remember something that Elder Ian Ardern said in our Mission Tour last October.  He said "There goes by another brother/sister who is very special to our Heavenly Father."  For one of the first times it really hit me hard that hey, I'm a missionary and the Lord has entrusted me to preach His gospel to His children here in the Philippines and I should talk to people whenever I have the chance. 
Now for my personal favorite part of the week.  This past week the Ragay Branch had their branch activity at the beach and we as missionaries were invited!!!  Although I wasn't able to go swimming (which really sucked) lying in a hammock on the beach, eating food, in the Philippines was probably one of the most relaxing things of my life!  Just hearing the crashing of the waves while I tried to nap (key word there is tried) made me feel like all of my concerns and worries were just gone.  Well that is until I found out that I was going to be translating for President Reeder for a baptismal interview with one of the baptismal candidates of the other Elders in my district.  Thankfully enough this sister understood English enough to where I didn't need to translate everything, but it was still quite the adventure.  But thanks to the help and mercy of the Lord it all worked out just fine.  I still don't know why I was the one who translated; Elder San Pedro is pretty good at English so he could have done it; but hey, it was a good learning experience for me so I'm not going to complain.

Well I love you all and I wish you the best of luck with this coming up week.  I love each and every one of you with all of my heart.  But before I close I saw a sticker that I really liked.  "The very opportunity which you have to be afraid, is the very opportunity that you have to put your trust in the Lord".  Mahal ko po kayo!!!  May God be with you till we meet again.
                                                     -Elder Cole

No comments:

Post a Comment