Monday, June 2, 2014

Dear Mom, Dad, and Cole Family,

I'm really running out of good opening lines; ; so much for taking that AP English Class.  My heart is full of gratitude this week as I was able to witness the baptism of my good friend Joselito Ano.  I remember the first time I met him, and to see how far he has come and to hear and feel the strength of his testimony makes me feel like an accomplished missionary.  A few days ago Joselito introduced us to his aunt and cousins for the missionary lessons; and when we started to teach about prayer, Joselito literally taught it by himself like he was an RM.  It's simple things like that that really makes missionary work worth all of the challenges.  

Elder San Pedro and I have also been working with a young man named Rhenzo Singson.  This kid is a stud!!  End of story.  His older brother is a former investigator and well... I don't know why Elder Joaquin and I didn't think about teaching Rhenzo in the first place.  The first time we invited him to attend church... he went. We invited him to YM and branch activites.. he went.  He has an excitement for the gospel like Joselito and it just makes my day to see him.  Not to mention that he is quite the basketball player.  

Just for kicks and giggles, I think I am the most eligible bachelor in all of Ragay ha ha (it's honestly not very surprising).  But it is pretty hilarious.  On three or four occasions this past week I've had young women run up to me and ask to have a picture with me.  This one girl yelled "New Wallpaper" after the picture.  Oh my.  Sometimes I feel like I'm a member of One Direction or some boy band.

I can't believe it's summer time already and that Jarod is riding his bike now!!  Time truly has flown by here in the Philippines and looking back it doesn't seem that long.  I still feel like mom and dad dropped me off at the MTC a month or so ago.  But yet here we are nearing my 19th birthday.  The last official stand of my teenage years.  It's so much fun to hear from you guys every week and of what's going on back at home.  The map of where I've served is pretty cool, I wouldn't have thought of that.  But Dad, it just about as accurate as you can get.  Elder Savage was just called as the new Finance Secretary and he doesn't sound to happy with it.  Although he was excited that he gets to drive and he has a McDonald's close by.  I love you all so much and I hope you enjoy your summer, because I'll back the next one!!!  Mahal na mahal ko po kayo!  May God be with you till we meet again.


                                                  -Elder Cole






No comments:

Post a Comment