Sunday, March 2, 2014

Well as the time has just clicked to March, things here in the Philippines continue to get hotter, and hotter.  I think I'm going to come back home looking more like a fried banana than a returned missionary.  I hope this doesn't affect my dating life.  This transfer is already halfway over and it feels like I just arrived here in Ragay.  The work here is moving forward at a rapid pace and it feels good to be a part of it.  Especially for the fact that I just found out that I am the FIRST full American to be assigned here in Ragay.  That's a journal entry right there by itself.  This is the only time of my life where I can feel like "Channing Tatum".

On the work side of things... things are looking bright.  Elder Joaquin and I have 4 baptisms lined up for the 29th of March.  The great part about it is that it is a family!! They are excited for their baptism and I couldn't be more happy for them.  We are also teaching a young man named Nico who is reminds me a lot of "Finau" from The Other Side of Heaven.  He is so excited to listen to us and he even stops working so we can teach him.   He just has an issue going to church because he lives kind of far away and he doesn't have a personal motor and it's hard for him to pay for public transportation.  I hope that we can help him find a way to be able to attend church.  Another bright thing about the area is that President Reeder turned in papers to the Church in order for Ragay to become a branch so hopefully within 3 or 4 months Ragay will finally be a branch!!!  
Well I love you guys and it's so much fun hear about the good that you guys are doing back at home.  You guys are doing great missionary work!  Keep doing what's right and all will work out.  Mahal ko po kayo pamilya ko!!!  May God be with you till we meet again.


                                                 -Elder Cole

No comments:

Post a Comment