Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Well this is just one of the many of joys of being in the Philippines.  No electricity and slow internet... oh well. The gospel is still true.  This week has been rough work wise.  With Barangay basketball (it's like recreational basketball) in full swing it's hard to get a hold of anybody!!!  It's like all of Ragay shuts down to watch the games or to play in them.  And I thought I was a die hard basketball fan... well I think I just got beat.  These Filipinos are sure dedicated to the greatest game ever invented!  On the bright side ; Elder Joaquin and I weren't transferred so that means we have one more transfer to get things done Ragay and we finally got two new investigators!!  Our area relatively small population wise but pretty big area wise which is difficult at times for tracting because we've tracted almost all of our area!  

With the Bordon's baptism being only two weeks away, my heart is just pounding because I can feel their excitement for the biggest decision of their life up to this point.  Each and every lesson I can tell of their dedication to our Lord and Savior and their willingness to follow his commandments.  They aren't a family of wealth, but they are truly a family of love.  This has been one of the biggest pleasure's of being a missionary to me up to this point.  The example of this family has changed my life and my viewpoint on service to our Heavenly Father.  

Yesterday Ragay had it's first ever youth activity (which we as missionaries were in charge of) and to all of our surprise.... there were 27 youth that showed up!  Seeing the bonding between the youth and their non-member friends was awesome.  You could just see the light and the enjoyment in their eyes as they participated in what I thought was some pretty epic games.  

I love you all so much and I don't know what I would do without you guys. Mahal ko po kayo!!!  May God be with you till we meet again.

No comments:

Post a Comment