Monday, January 13, 2014

Well I'm happy to say that I got a text on Saturday night saying that "There was a Ginormus package for me in the office"!  I haven't gotten in yet but I'm excited for it!  That's one of the great advantages to having your trainer be the Secretary.  

This week has been pretty fun. Hard but fun.  Tracting in our area is pretty rough now because the kids are back into school.  The kids are the easiest way to get into a home because I'm a foreigner and they all want to talk to me.  We get a few return appointments but when we go back they are busy or there isn't a male there so we can't teach.  There are only two members who live in our area and they're always busy so member present lessons are hard to come by.  One of our biggest concerns now is with Ann Bon.  We just finished all of the lessons but she still wants us to come back.  We don't have a problem with that, but the she is too afraid to talk to father about baptism.  She attends church almost every week and she knows the church is true but she doesn't want to get baptized right now because of her father.  We offered to go talk to him but she won't show us where she lives.  Now we are to the point where I should just encourage her to do what she feels is right and not push her towards baptism.  Pushing her to be baptized will only result in a loss of a good relationship with her and a rougher time with the next missionaries.  Well on a happier note; we did a service project for a guard that works at a school near to our apartment and might I say I've developed a greater respect for the things some of these people do to earn money.  What we did was probably one of the things that teenagers hate most to hear.  No it isn't wash the dishes.  We trimmed a lawn..... with grass cutters.  My arms were so tired afterward I could barely grab a cup of water.  But it was worth it because the guard seems really interested in listening to us when he has free time and even asked if "We".. not any other missionaries would come to his hometown and teach his family.  Unfortunately he lives on Candunates (which is in the Legazpi mission) so no can do for us.  Although we could have a good referral for the missionaries there.
I'm so grateful for all that you've done for me and for the many sacrifices that you have made so that I could be here now.  It may sound cliche but these really are the best two years that everyone talks about.  No words can describe a mission unless you have experienced it for yourself.  I know it's hard being away from you guys but I really see why the prophet encourages All Worthy young men to serve missions.  This is helping me better my relationship with our Heavenly Father and I am truly helping my brothers and sisters here in the Philippines feel of the love of the Savior. There's a quote in Preach My Gospel that says  something like this  "These are our brothers and sisters and they "Need" what we have" -Jeffrey R. Holland.  Keep doing what your doing and soon the missionaries will probably be at your door quite often, which is not a bad. thing.  Mahal ko po kayo!!!  May God be with you till we meet again.

No comments:

Post a Comment