Monday, January 20, 2014

Thank you so much for the package again!!  It was so good to see all the hard work and sacrifice that you guys put into that!  Also for your guy's information, the clothes were a big hit.  It is such a pleasure to be able to see all the kids faces bright up at a the sight of new clothes.  My heart was never more full then when I was able to see their smiling faces.  It made me feel like I was doing something good in the world and that I truly am making a difference in these peoples lives.  It was also a lot of fun being able to see the expressions on peoples faces when I gave them Starbursts!  It was priceless.

As you probably now by know, it has been cold here in the Philippines right now!  Well at least to most people, it's just fine to me but I guess that's because I'm used to having snow around this time of the year.  Okay I'll admit it, I hate showering in the morning because it feels like I'm dumping ice water on myself.  I must also must be starting to become a man because I have to shave every other day... well at least my little "Mexi-Stache".  Our work this week has been pretty good even due to the fact that it's almost literally rained for the past week!  Every time we step foot outside of our apartment it starts to rain!  Well the work must go on!  We were able to find Ann Bon's house this week so now we can finally talk to her dad about why he doesn't want Ann to be baptized!  We tried this last week to contact him but he wasn't there, on the bright side we were able to meet her siblings and associate with them for a few minutes.  Elder Villanueva and I also found a new investigator family!  They aren't really interested....yet.  They said that a lot of other missionaries from different religions have come to their house and almost tried to force them to join their religion.  After we taught them the Nanay commented on how respectful we were and that we seemed pretty knowledgeable about what we were teaching even though were "young".  I sure hope that over time that we will be able to spark their interest even more.  

As each transfer passes, each one gets faster, and I don't like it!  At the end of this week this transfer will already be halfway completed.  This puts into reality of how short two years is.  I remember when I was young thinking that 1 year was such a long time and now here I am nearing the end of my teenage years (well figuratively speaking).  I'm sure mom doesn't mind time going by faster but now for me, it makes me feel kind of sad.  It seems like yesterday I was in Primary singing "I Hope They Call Me On a Mission" and here I am in the Naga, Philippines Mission in the 2nd quarter of my mission. 

Well I love you guys so much and I am most grateful for all that you've done for me. Thank you so much for all of your examples and your love for me; there is no way that I would be able to do this alone.  Mahal na mahal ko po kayo!  May God be with you till we meet again.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment