Monday, January 5, 2015

Dear Mom, Dad, and Cole Family,

Welcome to 2015 and the 4th  quarter of Elder Cole's mission.  I hope that all of you guys enjoyed your New Year parties and set new years resolutions for this upcoming year.  For New Years Eve we went to Brother Buchabal's house (our ward mission leader) and ate with them and for the first time in a while I got to watch a few basketball replay's which made me really excited for this upcoming season when I can actually stay updated.  I never knew of how basketball trunky I could get ha ha.  But one of my new years resolutions is to keep focused until the end of my mission.

This past has been rough for Elder Grospe and I to teach people.  Most people were busy or partying which made things really difficult.  Everywhere we went we were punted and then the weather was horrible the first part of the week.  I don't think I saw the sun for about 9 days straight because it was always raining.  I even bought a jacket because it was so cold.  Thankfully now it's sunny and hot again so now we can play basketball in the mornings!!!  But on the bright side of the work.... Sherwin accepted the baptismal invitation!!  He was kind of startled when I invited him and he asked me "Brother Cole (that's what he always calls us) does that mean that I will be a Mormons when I get baptized"?  We set a date for February 21st so I hope that he can make it.  It's going to be hard for him to giving up drinking with his friends but I know that he can do it.  Another great thing is that Sherwin's friend wants to listen to us when he doesn't have work!  "By small and simple things are great things brought to pass".  Things are hard in Calabanga but it's a challenge that I'm ready to take on.  Transfer week is next Tuesday so I can probably say my farewells to Elder Grospe.  He's been a great companion and I'll truly miss him. 


I've heard a lot of people say that the new year is a new life, and a new chance to change and improve ourselves.  One of my favorite verses in the Book of Mormon is 3 Nephi 27:27 when Jesus Christ is inviting the Nephites follow him.  "Therefore what manner of men ought ye be?  Verily I say unto you, even as I am".  Now we all now that Jesus Christ was the perfect example given to men from God.  If we set a goal this year to be more patient, we can look to the example of Christ.  If we set a goal to be more humble, we can look the example of Christ.  If we want to serve our fellow man more often, we can look to the example of Christ.  Everything that we can do to improve ourselves is in the characteristics of Christ.  If we turn our hearts to God and His son Jesus Christ, we will not perish but will rejoice in His spirit.

Well I love you guys so much and I look forward to seeing you guys in the following months.  Just stay strong and continue to be the amazing people that you are. Ingat po kayo palagi at Maligayang bagong taon!  Mahal na mahal ko po kayo!!  May God be with you till we meet again.

                                                  -Elder Cole

No comments:

Post a Comment