Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Dear Family and Friends,

Life just keeps continuing to throw different obstacles at me that I didn't see coming.  A few nights ago we got a call from the Calabanga sisters telling us that they were being pulled out of their area which meant that we would be taking over part of their area.  The funny part of this is that the sisters area is the most progressing area out of the 3 areas.  I guess that the Lord has a plan that I don't really see at the moment.  Another thing that I didn't see coming is that Elder Grospe isn't transferred which means that we'll be together for 4 1/2 months.  Hooray!!!  One more transfer of hard work and fun.

Work in our area is still struggling but we're not getting down on that.  We're just keeping our heads up and continuing to look forward into the future.  Hopefully with the addition of the sisters area we will be able to find more people to teach.  Sherwin is continuing to progress but he hasn't come to church yet.  We're trying to help him recognize the importance of attending church every week and not just on Easter, Christmas etc...  That's one part of the Filipino culture that's hard to break.  We're also trying to help him understand of how truly important baptism is and that it's not "a welcoming" into a church but that it's a commandment of God. 

Oh by the way.  I finally got my package and I am very grateful for what you guys have done for me!!!  We are really enjoying the basketball hoop in the house and let me just say that up to this point I am undefeated in "Horse" ha ha. But really I love you all so much and I wish the best for each and every one of you.  But before I go I would like to leave something from one of my favorite talks of all time by Thomas S. Monson.  He quoted a poem that he head back in primary stating "
Dare to be a Mormon; Dare to stand alone.  Date to have a purpse firm. Dare to make it known.  
In a world where values are changing and where the moral dignity of people is being degraded, we as members need to make a stand for our beliefs and stand for who we are as....Mormons.  Members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.  Don't change who you are, but be examples to the rest of the world so that they may someday find the gospel of Christ.  I know it's hard to do; but if we do it the blessings will be enormous.  Mahal na mahal ko po kayo.  May God be with you till we meet again.
                                                       -Elder Cole 

No comments:

Post a Comment