Monday, January 19, 2015

Dear Mom, Dad, and Cole Family,

Well I know you've all been itching to find out where this stud muffin missionary has been sent to and just for your information..... I'm not in Daet.  In fact I'm in the opposite direction of Daet.  I'm here in the glorious place of San Jose Goa and my new companion is Elder Guevarra.... another Filipino.  He's from Antipolo Rizal which is pretty close to Manila.  Guess what????  He's also in my batch going home.  Just to make things even better; Elder San Pedro is my roommate so we've enjoyed talking about all of our adventures in Ragay.

This week has been full of fun with getting to meet the members and our investigators.  Although, in order to get to some of our areas we have to cross rice fields and small little streams.  And judging from my past letters, you all know that those don't result in good things for me.  Things haven't changed.  On Tuesday we were going to go visit a less-active and there is this little stream that we had to jump across because there weren't rocks or anything to jump on.  In short I didn't jump far enough and I got both myself and Elder Guevarra wet which is not comfortable when it's already humid.  And then on that same day we were running late for an appointment so one of the members who was working with us decided to take us through a rice field because it was faster.  I don't know if it was a short cut but it felt like I walked for ages.  It's kind of hard walking on a narrow path that isn't completely sturdy and could collapse at any time.  Thankfully the Lord was merciful and I didn't fall into the rice field again like I did in my first area but I did smell a little funky after because of the sweat.  

We have an investigator named Reynan (but he goes by Hay-Hey) and he is golden.  We haven't even finished lesson one with him yet and he already want's to be baptized. I hope it's not because his girlfriend is a member and he's doing it for her.  But they are both planning on serving missions at the same time when he turns 18 so I don't know.  Just a funny side note, I think Reynan is the Filipino version of Taylor Lautner.  The first time I saw him that's the first thing that popped into my head.  Well back to the story.  Things are looking bright for him so I hope that he can be baptized next month if all things end well.  

Well I would like to thank you so much for that package.  It literally saved my life and the t-shirt is hilarious.  I hope that this is my last area so I don't have to worry about packing again. Now I know how Aunt Sarah feels every time they move. Well I wish you the best of luck and I hope things are going well.  Mahal na mahal ko po kayo mga mahal ko!  May God be with you till we meet again.

                                                      -Elder Cole

No comments:

Post a Comment