Monday, November 3, 2014

Dear Mom, Dad, and Cole Family,
Now what do I say about his past week?  It's been a pretty fun week, hot and rainy as usual but fun.  Elder Grospe and I have been putting the pedal to the metal and the Lord has blessed us.  We are teaching a Part Member kid named Justin.  He's about 9 years old and as quiet as a mute person. It's so hard to get him to talk because he is so shy.  When we ask him a question he just shakes his head.  But he is so funny and we're hoping that we can help get his mom and dad reactivated.  Thankfully Justin's mom and siblings went to church yesterday but not his dad.  He has a baptismal date for November 29th so I really hope that he can make it.  We've also been trying to get some new investigators this past week but at the moment we haven't been making a lot of progress; but that doesn't mean that we're giving up, we've just got to work a little bit harder this next week. 
We also had the opportunity to have exchanges with the zone leaders this past week in their area.  I thought I was masipag (diligent, hardworking) until I worked with these guys.  I can say that I was really sore on Thursday.  But Elder Seegmiller and I had an amazing experience with our last appointment.  It was about 7:30 and it was almost time for us to go back home but Elder Seegmiller (he's from California) wanted to go to one last appointment.  Now just a quick back story about this family.  Back in the day they were going to be baptized but soon before their baptism the husband passed away and for some weird reason the missionaries stopped going to their house so pretty much their teaching record got put in the former investigator section of their area book. During our visit we retaught about The Restoration and about Joseph Smith and I can say that the spirit was so strong and every time that we bore testimony we knew that they were feeling that same way.  Even one of the daughters who never was taught by the missionaries joined in on the lesson and she started to tear up like everyone else.  The power of the spirit is absolutely amazing and I'm just finally beginning to understand the ways of the spirit.
Well I love you guys so much and I wish you the best of luck with everything.  Continue to be the amazing people that I know you are.  Like the old saying says "Rome wasn't built in a day".  If we just have patience everything will work out.  Mahal na mahal ko po kayo.  May God be with you till we meet again.
                                             -Elder Cole

No comments:

Post a Comment