Monday, November 17, 2014

Dear Mom, Dad and Cole Family,
What?  I only have 32 weeks left?  Oh nelly!

First today on the agenda... My arm is not broken!  You can all ask Elder Grospe about how our 1-1 basketball game went earlier this morning.  He can defiantly tell you that I am back to normal and lighting it up from long range.  Oh boy it feels good to back to my old self.

Let's just start off by saying that I have learned a great deal this past week.  We had the opportunity to have zone conference and to be counseled by President Reeder.  Just a quick fun fact; back in the day President Reeder was the accountant for the Utah Jazz.  Now that is cool!  Anyways, he talked about the keys and power of the priesthood.  It really helped open my eyes to really of how the priesthood works in our lives. I learned that after Jesus Christ and his apostles were killed, the priesthood power was still on the earth, but the keys of the priesthood were lost with them.  It was when one of the bishops made himself the "Pope" and a little while after that the priesthood authority was lost.  Oh man, how much I still have to learn before I can consider myself at least somewhat knowledgeable in the gospel.
Here in Calabanga I find myself bearing my testimony a lot more during lessons than in my last areas in order to defend our beliefs. Elder Grospe and I are teaching two nanays who are both really devoted to their respective religions.  One is a Baptist and the other is a Couples for Christ (Catholic).  Sometimes during the lessons they will tell is straight up that what we said is false and then they will explain what they believe.  I think it's pretty cool of what they do in order to defend their beliefs and to share with others of what they believe.  Most Filipino people are pretty sensitive so I can't just go and say "No, that's not the way it is" so just bearing my testimony helps invite the spirit even more into the lesson.  Sometimes during those specific lessons I have felt the spirit stronger than in most of our other lessons which lets me know that that was right thing to do.
Well congratulations Mom for enrolling in college again!!!  I wish you the best of luck with this new task but I know you can do it because you're awesome!  If you can raise 6 kids you can do this no problem!  I still can't believe that it's almost Thanksgiving, man I am craving some home-made rolls and mashed potatoes right now.  But I can almost guarantee that I'm going to miss rice when I get back home so I'll enjoy what I have right now.  Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that when I get home Uncle John and I are going to have a rice eating contest ha ha.  I don't know how that one will go but I'm sure right now I could stand a pretty good chance against him  I've learned that I have extra space in my stomach that I didn't have before because Filipinos like to feed you until you pop.  Well that's all for today folks.  Take care.  Mahal na mahal ko po kayo.  May God be with you till we meet again.
Ps: I tried to attatch pictures but my computer is being pretty lame and won't read my card reader.  So next time I'll send pictures for sure. 
                                             -Elder Cole 

No comments:

Post a Comment