Monday, June 16, 2014

Dear Mom, Dad, and Family,

Happy Fathers Day Dad!!!!  This past week has been fun filled with things.  First off we are coming to the end of the transfer and...... well I thought I was going to be transferred but here I find myself here in Ragay still. 1 year in two areas, yeah I think I can do that.  But that just means it's going to be even harder for me to leave in July.
These good faithful members of Ragay have become another extended family to me.  For example; the Bordon family is going to host a birthday party for me and I honestly think almost everyone in the branch is going to end up showing up (I'm grateful my birthday is on a P-Day) Another funny thing that happened (is going to happen) is... well.... Joselitio told me that he and his wife are going to name their baby after me!!!!  Brycan Ano!!!  I never thought in my wildest dreams that someone would want to name their kid after me but hey, I guess I must be doing something right in my life.  

Yesterday we had the privilege of having stake conference and Quintin L. Cook and Michael Teh of the Seventy spoke to us (it was over a broadcast from Salt Lake but it was still awesome).  Elder Teh spoke to us about how one man in the Philippines that he knew, who lost two legs and one arm to polio when he was a child and of even despite his disability, he attended church every week.  He said that he tied old rubber tires to his knees so he could crawl to the highway and his  knees so that wouldn't get bloody.  Then from there he would take a tricycle to the church.  That story truly touched me as it reminded me of how easy I have it back home.  All I have to do is walk for 5-10 minutes to church or be lazy and hop in the car.  And yet sometimes I remembered myself complaining because I didn't want to go to church.  I have learned a lot from these Filipino people about diligence and fulfilling my responsibility as a member of this church.  It's not a responsibility that is accomplished in a few hours or days; but it is a lifelong commitment that needs constant effort on our part.

I can't believe that we're halfway through June!!! I know I put of how fast time goes in almost every letter but I'm just blown away about of how fast things have gone.  Sorry Sam about the glasses, that can't be fun.  Mom, about dad's car..... It looks like you got attacked by Sasquatch ha ha.  I didn't think the door would be that bad ha ha.  Still love ya mom.  Well I'm getting pretty good at Tagalog; I'm still not suburb but it's good.  I still can understand a lot better than I can speak.  As you might have noticed sometimes my English isn't quite as good as before.  Well I'll take that as a good sign though.  Well I love you guys so much and I'm grateful for everything that you've done for me.  I can't wait until I get that package so I can finally eat some cereal!!!  Maybe for my Christmas package you guys can send me poptarts and granola bars?????  Continue to be the great missionaries that you are; missionary work isn't just missionaries but all of us as members!!!  Mahal na mahal ko po kayo!!!  Ingat po kayo plagi!!  May God be with you till we meet again.



                                             -Elder Cole 

No comments:

Post a Comment