Monday, November 4, 2013

Dear Family and Friends,

This week has been one that I will not easily forget.  First off Elder Manicdo and I still haven't moved into our apartment yet!  They're having some problems with the contract etc. so we still have to travel 40 minutes just to get to our area.  But on the good end of things Elder Manicdo and I have gained 8 new investigators this week and I'm so excited to be able to teach all of them.  On another good note Elder Manicdo and I have two baptisms on November 16th and Andrew asked be to be his "Baptizer", Diana (our other investigator) asked Elder Mac.  But the highlight of the week came just last night (Nov. 3rd).  We've been teach a less active family in our ward and their son Rading has a girlfriend who's a non-member and lives with his family because she has family problems.  We've only been teaching Sister Ann Bon for about two weeks and she doesn't have a big religious background so we have had to take the lessons really slow and try to make the doctrine as simple as we could.  But last night Elder Manicdo had me extend the Baptismal invitation and she accepted!!  It was one of the greatest things to happen so far on my mission.  The expression on her face was priceless when she accepted the invitation; it was as if there was a new light that came into her eyes.  Afterwards she pulled me to the side and told me of "How Talented I am at Tagalog".  It really touched me; and I must be a big softy now because I started to tear up.  I think there must have been dust in my eye or something like that ha ha.  I am so grateful to have been called to this mission because I have met some of my dearest friends and I am among the people of one of the greatest nations in all of the world.  I am so grateful for all of the support that you've given to me and I miss you all greatly!  Mahal ko Kayo!  May God be with you till we meet again.

No comments:

Post a Comment