Monday, October 28, 2013

It sounds like things at home are going very well and I look forward to hearing many more things from you guys.  Well I'm almost halfway through my 2nd transfer and it feels like it just began.  It's going to be very hard leaving Elder Manicdo, he's one awesome guy and he really feels like a brother to me.  His first name is even Jon.  This week there hasn't been too many things happen; we've been busy trying to build a foundation in our area since there aren't very many LA's or members period in our area.  Through our efforts though we have been able to get four new investigators and they are all progressing very well.  It's amazing of how many finding opportunities the Lord puts in our path, we just need to open our mouths and put away all of our fears.  I've finally gotten to the point where I'm not very scared to go up and talk to people.  Well it's also not that hard to talk to people to because most Filipinos really want to talk to Americans; so when I initiate the conversation they get even more excited.  But we also were able to have our Mission Tour this week and President Ardern of the 70 and his wife came and spoke to us.  There was such a strong spirit in that meeting that it was hard not to have a stronger desire to become a better missionary and person in general.  That meeting made me realize of how much that I really need to improve on myself as missionary.  I know that everyone has faults but it doesn't mean that I can't try to do my best to be like the Savior; besides I am his representative and I need to act like one.  Well I love you guys so much and I'm most grateful for all of the support that you've given me in my life.  Mahal Kita!  Ingat Po (Take Care).  May God be with you till we meet again.

1 comment:

  1. Elder Cole,
    Your letters were short and sweet this month. I know that if you act of the spirit that you felt during President and Sister Arderns talks, you will not reach the point of those elders who implement "trunky week." Your time is limited, and I know that you know that. Flushing toilets?? Jackpot! Great choice in apartment elders! Two quotes that I loved from this month were, “I better enjoy every second because the next time I blink I’ll be on a plane heading home." and “I don’t need to pray about the Holy Ghost, I feel him with me right now.” – Andrew. I know you know the value of every minute you are out there. If you stay true to what you know, your light will not falter. God be with you till we meet again.

    Joe

    ReplyDelete