Sunday, November 17, 2013

Well I have officially completed my training!!!  It's a really weird thought thinking that I've already been on my mission for 4 months now.  Elder Manicdo is being transferred tomorrow and I truly am going to miss this Elder.  He's been a great example to me and has given me a new insight on missionary work.  This week has been really rough to get lessons because everyone seems to be busy or not at home.  But on the bright side Elder Manicdo and I have gotten 8 new investigators this week so now our teaching pool is finally at a decent size.  Opening a new area is very difficult; especially when your area is far from the church so people have a really hard time attending church.  It's about 50 pesos per head total just to attend church so it's not very cheap.  This part of the reason why we have a lot of investigators and very few progressing investigators.  The highlight of the week came on Saturday for Andrew's baptism!  He is a very special young man; he completely turned his life around in order to be baptized.  He kept every commitment without hesitation and always was very willing to participate.  When I stood in the water with him I truly felt the love that our Heavenly Father has for His children.  After the baptism he told me that I was his idol because even though I don't know the language very well, I tried my best to teach in a way that he could understand and that he truly felt like I loved and cared about him.  I'm not going to lie I started to tear up when he said that.  But he also said that he's preparing to serve a mission in a year!  I couldn't be more happy with my decision to serve a mission.  Hands down this is the hardest thing I've ever done in my life, but this is easily the most rewarding thing that I've ever done.  I love you all and I'm grateful for your influence in my life.  Take Care!!  Mahal na Mahal Kayo!  May God be with you till we meet again.
Doing what I Love! Basketball!!


No comments:

Post a Comment