Monday, October 7, 2013

Well I have officially completed my first transfer in the mission!  It's a weird thought thinking that I'm already halfway through my training now; it's a pretty exciting thought.  But all I can say is that I hate "Trunky Week".  Apparently the week of transfers everyone just doesn't want to do a lot so I'm stuck in the hot apartment while my companion takes a nap for a while.  Yeah I hope I don't end up doing that; I already feel bad enough when I feel like I didn't give it my best that day.  But on the bright side one of our investigators (Andrew) is progressing along very well!  He's keeping all of our commitments and he's attended all of the church meetings for two weeks in a row.  Now all he needs is to attend church for two more weeks then he can reach his BGD.  It's moments like these that make all of the hardships of a mission worth it.  Now for the language... eh well it's getting better but it's still rough.  I was finally able to play basketball for the first time in the Philippines and boy did it feel great!!!  Just to see the ball go through the hoop (there wasn't a net) made me feel so refreshed. FYI these Filipino's have some major talent!! Some of the moves they do are just crazy, it's like I'm watching Nate Robinson live.  Well I love you Dad and I'm grateful for all the support that you and Mom are giving me.  Just thinking of you guys makes me even more motivated to give it my all and to just forget about myself.  I know that the Lord will continue to bless us for the service that we lend to His work.  Mahal Kita!!!  May God be with you till we meet again!

No comments:

Post a Comment