Monday, October 21, 2013

Dear Family and Friends,

It's a really weird thought thinking that I've already been on my mission for three months now.  I better enjoy ever second because the next time I blink I'll be on a plane heading home.  About the earthquake; I didn't hear about it for a while because Elder Manicdo and I have been pretty busy this week.  We are moving to our are so we can maximize our time; it's hard to be effective if we waste 40 minutes just traveling to our area.  But I'm so excited to move on Friday, I'll miss our kabahay's (house mates) but it's all for the better.  Our new apartment even has two bathrooms and two flushing toilets!!!  I have been so excited for that .  I took a lot of things for granted back in America, especially toilet paper, it's so expensive here and it doesn't even work that well!  But yes I have used the other method and let's just say that I'm not very fond of that way. 

Through our efforts this week Elder Manicdo and I have obtained three new investigators and they seem really excited to learn about the gospel.  Our teaching pool is pretty small so we've been doing a lot of tracting.  When we were looking for an apartment last week, Elder Manicdo and I met a group of 5 guys who reminded me a lot of the Sandlot gang. They're all around the same age (16-19) and they all live for basketball.  They hang out together as often as they can because they all go to different schools.  Here they start college at like 16-17 depending on if your school does  the K-12 system.  These guys are pretty excited for us to move in and play basketball with them, they said they wanted to see how good "white guys really are".  On a different note, Andrew has been improving more than I could have ever imagined in my life.  The other night we were teaching him about the Holy Ghost and when I extended the commitment to him to pray about the Holy Ghost he said " I don't need to pray about the Holy Ghost, I feel him with me right now".  I nearly started to cry because of the strength of his testimony.  This young man is going to be one amazing priesthood holder when the time comes and I know that he will do far greater things than I could ever hope to do.  I may be a missionary but he has taught me more than I have taught him.  The lessons that I have learned on my mission far out weigh any other decision that I could have possibly made after graduating High School.  I'm so grateful for all of the influences in my life that have helped me make my decision to serve this mission; times may be rocky at times but I just have to remember to not lose my faith in the Lord, because he won't lose His faith in me.  I love you all and I wish you the best of luck!!  May God be with you till we meet again.

No comments:

Post a Comment