Monday, March 2, 2015

Dear Mom, Dad, and Cole Family,

BYU beat Gonzaga, well that's always a good thing to hear.  I don't think John Stockton was too happy about it but it's about time that BYU beats a high ranked team.  This past week has been one to remember.  Lot'ts of tracting, lots of punts, but a whole lot of fun.  My new companion is Elder Beinvinuto, he's a short term missionary from Canaman (which really close to my first area) and he is awesome.  I love this kid and it sucks that we'll only be together for one transfer; but at least that means that I'm going to die here in San Jose.  Elder Beinvinuto has so much fire and love for the work it's hard to keep up with him sometimes.  For being a new missionary he has no fear in talking to people and he has great teaching abilities. The Lord has truly blessed me with a great companion.

This last week we've been trying to find all of our hidden less-actives in our area which has led to some pretty eventful memories.  Yesterday we were looking for a guy named Roger and when we got to his house he told us to never come back.  I've met some pretty hard less-actives but I've never been told not to come back.  We also were OYM'ing people while looking for the houses of LA's and one time after we introduced ourselves to this one guy as missionaries he told us "I thought that all you wanted was to know where so and so's house was".  The only thing harder than work this week was pronouncing Elder Beinvinuto's name.  But on the bright side of work we do have potential investigators who seem pretty interested so let's hope that things work out.  Another blessing though is that Rian and Mark Dave finally attended church.  They're both primary age at the moment and I adore these kids to death.  In every lesson they listen and they are super smart so it's not hard for them to understand what we're teaching.  Anyways Elder Beinvinuto and I were sitting in church yesterday and then a few minutes before church started they walked in and I got a super big smile on my face.  I can't explain the joy that I feel when investigators come to church; especially because they came on their own.... well with their aunt who is a member but hey; for being under the age of twelve and coming to church without being forced to is pretty awesome.  

Elder Beinvinuto and I also had a pretty powerful experience yesterday.  One of the recent converts in our area had a stroke and they had asked us to give her a blessing.  So as soon as we finished the lesson that we were in we went straight to the hospital to give her the blessing.  The only problem was that there was no transportation going back to centro so we had to walk to the hospital.  Now this recent convert (Betty)  reminds me a lot of my Grandma Cole and just seeing her lying on the hospital bed reminded me of the last time that I saw my grandma before she left this life.  The spirit that I felt during that blessing was hard to describe; but this is one experience that I will not forget.

Thank you guys so much for all that you do for me.  My life has been greatly blessed from each one of your examples.  Because of you guys I am the man that I am today and the father that I will be in the future.  Don't forget that each one of you has great value to me and that I love you guys.  Take care always.  Mahal na mahal ko po kayo!!  May God be with you till we meet again.

                                                       -Elder Cole

No comments:

Post a Comment