Monday, February 23, 2015


And so goes another fast transfer and I can say my goodbyes to Elder Guevarra and Elder San Pedro who are transferred.  With only 18 weeks left to go I'm starting to get a little bit nervous about going back into the real world.  Driving, school, dating (well actually I'm pretty excited about that one).  I've honestly had a few dreams about being home and it's starting to freak me out because this dream is going to be a reality before I know it. 

Not a lot of really exciting stuff happened this week which was kind of a bummer.  We've been focusing a lot on working with our potential Melchizedek Priesthood holders so that they can be ready to receive it before stake conference which is coming up pretty close.  We also focused on helping the ward organize a fireside to help members understand the importance of home teaching and of how to home teach.  We as missionaries had planned out a pretty good workshop but another one of the members gave a 3 1/2 hour workshop (and he still wasn't finished) so we weren't able to share our part on Saturday.  But Bishop Flororita said that we'll be having a part two of the fireside this upcoming Saturday so we'll have a chance to give our insights about how to help the ward. 

We've also had the opportunity to do service at a resort in the area of the zone leaders.  We cleaned up the land around the property because summer is quickly approaching.  "Who ever knew that coconuts could be so heavy"!!!  I think that the Philippines has the heaviest coconuts on the planet.  After an hour or so of carrying bags of coconuts you really start to feel out of shape.  While we were cleaning we found an ENORMOUS spider; and I mean that this sucker is huge.  So Elder Haueia thought it would be funny to put it on a stick and chase me with it because I hate spiders more than I do the Lakers (no offense to Laker fans).  I think I lost a good 5 pounds from that little joke.  

This past week in my personal study I've read a lot about the life of Christ and of the love that he showed for each of those he served.  For me tracting and OYM'ing is one of the hardest things for me to do.  I love talking to people it's just getting the courage to approach them which is the hard part.  But there's a few verses in 1st John Chapter 4 that really helped me to realize the importance of loving everyone  

18.There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.

 19 We love him, because he first loved us.

 20 If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hath not seen?

If we truly love our brethren and our God, than our fear to share the gospel will go away because we know that this is what they need in order for them to achieve eternal life. 

Mahal na mahal ko po kayo!!!!  May God be with you till we meet again.


                                                  -Elder Cole

No comments:

Post a Comment