Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Dear Mom, Dad, and Cole Family,

Well I would like to say that we've had a lot of snow this week but that's not the case.  It's rained a good portion of the week which has resulted in a lot of mud and puddles.  When you put the two together you get a missionary with really wet and muddy pants.  But needless to say that it was was fun week regardless of the weather.  Elder Grospe and I struggled to teach a great deal of lessons but we were able to find three new investigators.  One of them particularly stands out to me at this moment.  We met a woman by the name of Gem who's husband had recently left her and her two kids; one is under the age of 2.  When we first tracted the house a big dog came out and started barking at us; and for those of you who know me I'm not really fond of big dogs so I started to kind of back off a little.  But eventually we got inside the gate and we met sister Gem.  She was very receptive and really seems to have a sincere desire to learn more about the church.  I"m proud to say that I have more good news.  Justin is getting baptized this week!!!  I'm super excited for him and his family.  His mom even asked us to come teach Justin every day this week until his baptism.  Because of Justin his mom is becoming active in the church again and he's setting a great example for his younger siblings. 
The Christmas Devotional was also one of the highlights of this week. For those of you who haven't watched I highly recommend that you do so when you have time.  I truly felt the spirit of Christmas and of what we can do to really remember our Savior Jesus Christ.  Elder. D. Todd Christopherson told a story about a young four year old boy in Utah that had battled leukemia for half of his life and of the service that the people of his community offered during his last precious moments of his life.  They helped his celebrate Halloween, his birthday, Christmas Eve, and Christmas all in one week. Three days after his last Christmas the young boy passed away. Through their selfless service they showed the love of Christ and the love of God for all of His children on earth.  May we all try to turn outward this Christmas season and remember that the joy of serving far outweighs the joys of receiving.
Well Mom, I haven't gotten the package yet, I thought that I would get it at this last zone training but it isn't here yet.  Oh well;  patience is a virtue. I have a feeling that I could be here for another two transfers so I'm not worrying.  I love you all so much and I wish you the best the Christmas season.  I plan to Skype you guys on December 26th  at around 10:00-10:30 (Philippines time).  Mahal na mahal ko payo.  Ingat po kayo palagi.  May God be with you till we meet again.
                                              -Elder Cole

No comments:

Post a Comment