Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Dear Mom, Dad, and Cole Family,
Maligayang Pasko sa inyong lahat! Well its that time of year again and Christmas is just around the corner.  It's honestly crazy to think that Christmas is here again; probably because it's been raining like crazy this past week.  In the past 7 days there has only been one day where it hasn't rained.  Along with the rain it's been super hot and humid again so I've been showering twice a day so I don't feel sticky.  You think after being here for over a year that I wouldn't feel it any more but I guess I'm wrong.  Hooray for showers!!! 
But this past week has been a blast... hard but way fun.  On Wednesday we had exchanges with the Zone Leaders.  Let me just say that after that day.... I was soaked from head to toe.  I guess that's what I get for not bringing my umbrella with me. But we did manage to find a new investigator.  Her name is Ada Caprecho and well.... she's a hard shell to crack.  She's super nice and willing to listen but she told us up front that she has no desire to change religions but she is interested in knowing more about the church.  Well I hope that her point of few changes in the coming weeks/months/years/as long as it takes for her to change her mind.  We also had our mission Christmas party this last week; they split it into two different parties because it's hard for the far areas to come here.  It's too bad that the whole mission couldn't be together but it was a blast anyway.  Elder Seegmiller and Elder Grospe(one of our zone leaders and my companion) played one of the works pranks on me that I've experienced on my mission.  The night before the party Elder Seegmiller changed his signature to the name of the AP's on his cellphone and Elder Grospe changed the contact information on our cellphone so I thought it was the AP's.  In short he told me that I was going to be dancing in the talent show because apparently news has gotten out that I like to do Hawaiian dances in the apartment.  Well thankfully they told me that it was a joke before I got to the party because I almost had a heart attack.  Now I can also say that I've watched Frozen for the first time.  Now I know why every little kid was saying "Let it go" ha ha. 
Justin was also baptized this week and it was awesome!  Not a lot of people attended his baptism but it was a special event anyway.  Elder Grospe had to baptize him twice because his foot came out of the water so he asked us why he was baptized twice.  He's such a funny kid.  Justin's dad even came to the baptism and he's been Less-Active for a while.  I sure hope the Justin can be the way to get his dad reactivated in the church. 
I would like to say that I've gotten my package but it still isn't here yet.  I got so excited to see all the packages at the party but I was bummed when there wasn't one for me.  I sure hope I get it before Christmas.  But about the Skype, I'll call you guys so just stand by.  I'll do my best to be on time.  I can't wait too see all of you guys!  It's nuts to think that I only have 26 weeks left (not that I'm counting it's just easy math).  I hope you guys have a great Christmas and I'll talk to you later this week.  Mahal na mahal ko po kayo!!  May God be with you till we meet again.
                                                -Elder Cole

No comments:

Post a Comment