Monday, October 20, 2014

Dear Mom, Dad, and Cole Family,

Thank you for tuning in to 98.7 "The Adventures of Elder Cole in the Philippines".  This week Elder Cole has just received devastating news that he will be transferred this week!  Yeah I was pretty surprised when the Zone Leaders called and said that I was transferred.  After being in only two areas for one year it's kind of weird to be one of those missionaries who moves a lot.  What makes it even more weird is that we were involved in an ET earlier this transfer so we were almost certain that I was going to stay for at least one more transfer.  I guess the Lord has different plans for me now.  I hope that I'm close to a beach so I can go running in the sand for my morning exercise!!!!  Boy now that would be the best!  

But this week has been pretty awesome for my last week in Minalabac.  First off, for the first time in my 12 weeks here we had an investigator attend church!!!  We started teaching the daughter of one of the less active members in our area and now she has a baptismal date for November 29th.  Too bad I won't be around to see it but at least I helped play a part in helping her come closer to Christ.  Things are also going pretty well with one our investigators Elmer (every time I hear his name I think of Elmer Fudd ha ha).  He has been reading the Book of Mormon a lot, especially about the Testimony of Joseph Smith which is awesome.  He said that he will be baptized if he knows the Book of Mormon is true.  Before Elmer told us that he's been searching for the truth for a long time and that he's attended a lot of different churches in order to do so.  But his only concern is that he doesn't want to pray to know if it's true. Elder Macaballug and I have been trying to help him realize that he won't receive his answer unless he prays.  He told us that he doesn't need to pray because if he does good things; good things will come back to him, or in other terms "Karma".  I hope that in due time that he will realize the importance of prayer so that he will be able to have the faith to ask our Father in Heaven if this is the true church.

Well things at home look pretty exciting!  I can't believe Jacob is already a teacher and Brandon is now a deacon.  Time sure does fly.  2014 is almost over and then I'll officially be in the last quarter of my mission.  What makes me even more weireded out is that Tim is going to be 12 when I get back too.  That's going to be a fine looking batch of missionary cousins in a few years ha ha.  Everyone is growing up so fast it makes it seem like I've been gone for forever.  Well I love you all so much and I can never express of how much gratitude I have for what everyone of you has done for me.  Every letter, every package, every email, and every time you say I love you has made an impact in my life.  I'm not the only one who has said and will say "Missions are hard, but they're worth it".  I would like to add "Missions are hard, but they're easier when you have family and friends behind you".  Thanks again for all the support. Take care around this Halloween season!  Mahal na mahal ko po kayo.  May God be with you till we meet again.

                                                      -Elder Cole

        Bro Eugene Vallencia and Neil Garribay (They always worked with us when they had time).

 "Mr. Pogster" (Me) and Elder Macaballug

Milaor Bishopric

The skates got stuck on a bridge so it was a perfect picture moment. 

                             The Brosula Family: They were baptized after I left my first area.

No comments:

Post a Comment