Monday, July 7, 2014

Another week bites the dust and my official year mark in the mission is only 9 days away.  One year in the mission and only two areas so far; I must be one lucky missionary because that means I don't have to pack very often like a majority of my friends here.  Although it sure makes things rough when transfer day arrives because the area and the apartment (even if it's pangit) becomes a part of who you are.  

Well now about what glorious things happened this past week..... to be honest nothing really exciting happened this week.  Although Elder Bolombao stepped on a dead frog on the road while we were walking yesterday and that was pretty funny to see his reaction.  But anyway, life here in Ragay continues to go faster than I would like.  I almost 85.2689% that I will be leaving in only the matter of 22 days  I'm really starting to realize what parenthood is going to be like.  At first it seems  they won't grow up and then the next thing you know...skadoosh. They're in High School.  On a different note, last night we had Family Home Evening at Sister Neo's house and it was quite enjoyable. Quite a few members attended last night which only added to the fun.  All I can say is that games here in the Philippines are quite entertaining even if they make you feel a little weird at times.  But hey, life wouldn't be as much fun if you didn't feel stupid once in a while. 
 Last night they also made me teach the lesson for Family Home Evening so  I decided to teach about Family History Work and of actually how important it is.  I remember when our stake had a competition for the youth to see which ward could index the most names; and I remember seeing that our ward had.. well...0.  That's not the Oregon touchdown O. But a zero zero.  It really made me think of how many relatives that I have who are just waiting for me to find their name so they can have their ordinances finished so they too can have the opportunity to live with our Heavenly Father.  I don't know why I felt so strongly about teaching about Family History; maybe it is Heavenly Father's way of telling me again that once I'm finished with my mission that my missionary service in life has only just begun.  

Well I would like to thank you all again so much for that package!!!!  It was such a treat to experience the simple pleasures of home.  I also think my Filipino kabahay's (roommates) loved the beef jerky more than I did.  I don't think it lasted more than two days ha ha.  But again thank you for sending the clothes... just seeing the faces of the people of having a new piece of clothing is something I wish you could all experience.  It's so funny to see the expression on a little kids face when they're like.."This is from America!"
I love you all so very much and I am so grateful for all that you do for me in my life.  I couldn't have asked for a better family.  Ingat po kayo lagi (take care always).  Mahal na mahal ko po kayo!  May God be with you till we meet again.


No comments:

Post a Comment