Sunday, February 16, 2014

Well here is the news that you've all been waiting for.  I was transferred to Ragay.  It's a small little area about 2 hours North of Naga City.  The funny thing is that this is the same exact area that Elder Manicdo was transferred to before he became Secretary.  I guess I'm just following in the footsteps of my father so to speak.  I just hope I don't follow him in becoming an Office Elder. Well my new companion is Elder Jaoquin.  (Waqeen).  He's from the Manila area and man is this kid funny; along with the fact that he is a master chef.  Here in Ragay there are only 45 or so members so we're just a small little group.  Although work here is very fruitful.  This last week we were able to teach 25 lessons not including P-Day or transfer day.  I've never been so busy in my life!  The people here are so friendly and willing to listen to us.  Even if they aren't completely interested in us they show us a lot of respect and love.  We have about 8 people with baptismal dates and most of them are progressing towards their date.  There are only four Elders in our District so we have District Meeting in our apartment which is pretty nice.  Although it is quite the change from coming from a district of 12.

Well now it's time for the funny thing that happened this week.  On Wednesday we went tracting and Elder Jaoquin and I met a lady who was an "Iglesia ni Cristo"  That's like the rival church to the LDS church here in the Philippines.  Once she said that she was "Iglesia" we thought that she was just going to ask us to leave but she invited us in.  But the moment we got inside she kept telling us about her church and kept inviting us to "talk" to her minister and "compare" doctrines.  We tried to start the lesson for a good 15 minutes until we finally gave up because she wouldn't stop talking.  She also kept trying to get us to read some "Iglesia ni Cristo" pamphlets.  This is honestly the first time here that I've had people try to convert me while I've been on my mission.  

My dearest family, I love you all so very much and I'm grateful for all the support that you have given to me while I've been here.  It's fun being to hear from you guys and of all of the fun activities back at home.  I wish I could send pictures but it won't let me edit them here and it takes an hour just to send one picture.  Just wait, May will be here before you know it and then hopefully I'll be able to Skype with you guys again.  Take care and continue to be awesome. Mahal na mahal ko po kayo!  May God be with you till we meet again.


                                                    -Elder Cole

No comments:

Post a Comment