Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Things here in the Philippines have had their ups and downs this week.  On my first time asking an investigator to commit to baptism (Sister Burnadette), she accepted but her husband wouldn't allow her to be baptized.  It was pretty disheartening to see someone so willing to enter into the waters of baptism have their chance taken away by their spouse.  Elder Manicdo and I have 4 investigators with baptismal goal dates but none of them are attending church so we keep having to push back their dates.  Here in the Philippines; an investigator has to attend church for 4 consecutive weeks in order to qualify to be baptized.  We also have quite a few lessons, a lot of them just get dropped, it's pretty frustrating wasting time walking to an appointment only to walk away not even a minute later.  Missionary life definitely isn't easy, but it sure is rewarding.  One night Elder Manicdo and I were walking home after our last appointment and Brother San Ramon (1st conselor in the Bishopric) saw us and pulled over to the side of the road.  He took us into a pretty nice restaurant, paid for our meals and left.  I can't express the amount of love I have for these people; they give all that they have when they hardly have anything themselves.  Their selflessness is exactly what I imagine Christ being like.  They are such an example to me, and I am trying to learn all I can from these wonderful people.

No comments:

Post a Comment