Monday, September 30, 2013

The weather here is just as hot as ever and it rains nearly everyday!!  I didn't believe that it rained that often... boy was I wrong.  And when it rains here, it rains with a vengeance.  This week has been rough for Elder Manicdo and I to get lessons, either the people are gone or they're busy.  It's been frustrating but oh well.  This week has consisted of a lot of street contacting because our backup plans fall through most of the time as well.  My Tagalog is getting a lot better and I'm really starting to be able to communicate with the people.  I just woke up one day and Tagalog seemed to make sense.  It was pretty funny because it was just like you on your mission.  My vocabulary is still pretty small but oh well, it'll grow over time.  Transfer day is Oct.7 so it's pretty close.  It's crazy close honestly; it's weird to think that I'm almost halfway through with my training.  But just for clarification Dad, Pena Frenca is a Catholic festival where they move a statue of "Lady Pena Frenca" through the streets and there's all of the kids in Priests and Nun school that follow behind.  This festival lasts for about two weeks and it is crazy!!!  But yes thankfully it is over now.

No comments:

Post a Comment