Monday, June 22, 2015

Dear Mom, Dad, and Cole Family,

Well this is it guys... the very last email that you will recieve from me as a missionary of our Heavenly Father.  As most of you can guess I'm not going to make it very long because most of you will be seeing me in a little more than a week.  I would just like to thank each and every one of you for the support that you have given me throughout my life and my mission.  It's always nice to open my email and see emails from such wonderful people.  Each one of you has helped me to stay strong and to endure the hardships of the mission.  These past two years have definitely  not been easy, but they have been more than worth the trials that I have experienced.  I would just like to leave you all with my testimony that I do know that this church is true, we have a living prophet on the earth today and if we follow his counsel and the counsel of the living apostles; we will not fall.  We will be able to stand before the judgement seat of our Heavenly Father with a clear conscience knowing that we have done what he has desired of us.  And then we will be able to enter is kingdom with our families; never to be separated again.  I know that the Book of Mormon contains the fullness of the everlasting gospel of Jesus Christ and we will be able to overcome our challenges in life if we read and heed the counsel of the prophets that have written in there.  I have read it many times now and I know without a shadow of a doubt that it is true.  No person call tell me otherwise, no book can prove me wrong, because Heavenly Father has made the truthfulness of it known unto me.  I am grateful for a loving father and mother who have raised me in this church and have taught me the ways of the Lord.  Without them I don't know where I would me in my life, but I know I wouldn't be who I am without there help.  Thanks again for all that you have done for me in my life.  Mahal na mahal ko po kayo.  May God be with you till we meet again.

                                                    -Elder Cole

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations for the work well done amongst our people. I've been following your blog and each week I could sense and feel your growing love for this great work. You'll never be forgotten especially those whom you showed the way to finding peace in this life. I'm a convert. I was bapized in Bicol in 1972. To this day, I do express my gratitude to the missionaries who heeded the call to serve. Those whom you taught may take awhile to fully grasp the importance of the gospel in their lives but for sure it will come. As we all know conversion is an active process. As long as you've implanted the WHY, the WHAT, and the HOW of the Gospel---their journey will be meaningful. The WHY will sustain them no matter hard tribulations may come their way. I want thank your parents for the service you rendered to our people and to the Lord. I could imagine their feelings during typhoon seasons, brown outs, mosquitoes, and so on. I know your life ahead will be impacted by the love of Filipino people. It feels good to hear the whispering of the Spirit..Well done, thou faithful servant. Welcome home.

    Thanks
    Anthony

    ReplyDelete
  2. I missed to mention that my youngest son is also serving in Naga Mission. He's been out in the field over a month. At first, it seems slow but now time flies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I missed to mention that my youngest son is also serving in Naga Mission. He's been out in the field over a month. At first, it seems slow but now time flies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I missed to mention that my youngest son is also serving in Naga Mission. He's been out in the field over a month. At first, it seems slow but now time flies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so sorry. I accidentally touched "publish" more than once.

    ReplyDelete