Monday, June 15, 2015

Dear Mom, Dad, and Cole Family,
Life here in the Philippines has been... rainy.... hot... just what you could have expected :)  News has also gotten to my ears that LeBron and the Cavaliers have fallen into a win or lose situation.  Well.... at least I'm not going to be around to witness it.  But this past week has again been pretty rough work wise.  The Pasiona family has almost stopped progressing even though we have taught them all of the lessons and reviewed them multiple times.  We're going to teach them one more time this week and if they don't attend church this week I'm afraid that we'll have to drop them and wait until they are ready to be baptized.  I was really hoping that they could be ready by the time I went home, but it's not going to happen.  Most of our other investigators that have BGD's aren't progressing and not attending church which is making things rough.  Finding is pretty hard around school days because everyone is busy and most males aren't home.  On the bright side, Marbie and Jenny are still awesome!  We went to their house on Saturday to teach them but there wasn't a male home so we asked them to ask their grandpa if we could teach in his house so we would be able to share.  Their faces were so funny as they ran back saying that he said yes.  Anyway we showed the "Restoration Video" to them and they enjoyed it a lot.  Unfortunately they weren't able to attend church yesterday because it was in Goa and their dad wouldn't let them go without one of their older siblings going.  They were pretty bummed about it to. 
For church yesterday we had a Philippines area broadcast where Elder Christisten, Nielsen, Sister Wixom, and Elder Neil L. Anderson spoke to us.  There was a phrase that Elder Nielsen (the former area president) and Elder Andersen used that really touched me.  "I will be the one".  When  I hear that phrase the first things that comes to my mind is Jesus Christ.  Before this life he said that he would be willing to act as a Savior for mankind so that we could return to our Heavenly Father.  It's not easy for us to have that kind of attitude.  I know for me when my  mom said "Who wants to do the dishes" I didn't want to be the one to say "I will be the one".  But in our life there will be times when we need to have the attitude of the Savior and be willing to stand first so that others will follow.  In the world we live in today the attitude of stepping forward is one that is greatly needed.  I see a lot of great followers but the Lord doesn't just need good followers, He needs people that can be examples for His children so that they can return to Him.  If we don't step forward and say "I will be the one", then the likelihood of things getting done are that much smaller.  The difference we make will only be made manifested if we have the courage to take that step of faith and say "I will be the one". 
I love you all so much and I am very grateful for your continued support until the end.  Ingat po kayo.  May God be with you till we meet again.
                                                   -Elder Cole

No comments:

Post a Comment