Monday, September 22, 2014

Dear Mom, Dad, and Cole Family,

A few things have happened this week so I'll try to fit it all in.  First off I can say bye bye Elder Ursua.  On Monday night after daily planning we got a surprise phone call from one of the AP's(which is every missionaries favorite thing ha ha).  At first I thought we were getting pulled out of the area due to our recent challenges but we had actually been involved in an emergency transfer.  Oh what fun.  So now Elder Ursua is in one of the farthest areas in the mission.  It was hard for him to leave but he's where the Lord needs him.  Right now my new companion is Elder Macaballug.  He's from Quezon City (close to Manila) and he is awesome!  We're going home at the same time so that makes things even better.  He's one of those really smart techy guys so he loves to talk about computers and stuff like that.  I try to understand what he's saying sometimes but most of the time I have no idea.  Spects, RAM, Google etc.... Yeah I don't think all of those words are in my daily vocabulary.

This past week I also had my first experience with a flood in the Philippines.  The water probably was up to my waist (not that I went in it or anything) so we were stuck in the house all day! Elder Macaballug and I played Monopoly deal for a good portion of the day because there wasn't any electricity.  On the work side of the week, we went tracting in one of our farther areas and there was this guy named Allen who came up to us and told us that he wants us to teach him and his family about the gospel!  Miracles really do happen to those who put their faith in our Heavenly Father.  We have a return appointment with him on Tuesday so lets hope that everything goes well.  Work is still hard but we're managing.  "Keep moving forward".  For any of you that got my movie reference I'll buy you a candy bar when I get home ha ha.  

I guess now that I'm in the 62-63rd week in the mission it's getting harder to write about stuff.  I just want to leave with one of my favorite quotes.  "I can accept failure, everyone fails at something.  But I can't accept not trying". -Michael Jordan. If we fear of failing, then we won't ever enjoy the feeling of success.  No matter how hard life can seem or how difficult a trial may feel, don't give up.  That's one lesson I've had to learn right now but I can see that it will help me in my future.  Like the scriptures say, if there wasn't opposition the plan of God would be frustrated and we wouldn't be able to become like our Heavenly Father.  Mahal na mahal ko po kayo!!!  May God be with you till we meet again. 


                                                       -Elder Cole





No comments:

Post a Comment