Monday, September 1, 2014

Dear Mom, Dad, and Cole Family,

As the end of another transfer draws near I again find myself looking back and thinking of what I could have done better this transfer.  Life here in Minalabac is fun, but quite difficult.  The people are nice but their hearts and minds aren't quite open to accepting the gospel into their lives.  This past week Elder Ursua and I found ourselves doing everything we could to try to be able to share the gospel with people but on a few occasions this past week we came home empty handed.  I guess I really know what missionaries Europe feel like almost every day.  But I guess my purpose in this area is to plant seeds and have other missionaries harvest.  I hope that I can see the day(even if I'm not there) when Minalabac becomes a group and when it is the top baptizing area in the Naga Mission.

On the bright side of this week we were able to help a less-active member build a new house which was pretty fun.  I still wasn't able to do a lot due to my boil but it was fun digging holes in the mud for the supports.  Just a quick note my boil is healed now so I'm back to full throttle.   Thank goodness for anti-biotics!!!  We also started teaching a friend of one of the members. She is still really shy of us but she is very willing and excited to learn about the gospel.  She even attended church yesterday which was awesome!!!  

Well it's quite crazy that it's already September and that I'm entering into my 11th transfer if you can believe it.  Elder Ursua and I both feel like he's going to be transferred so I'll probably be getting a new companion next week.  I sure hope I don't train if he does get transferred!!!!  I still don't feel like I'm ready to train a new missionary.  But I guess we'll have to wait and see. 

 But this past week during my personal study I was reading in Alma about Alma and Amulek when they were teaching the people of Ammoniah.  Even though I've read/heard that story many times it still never ceases to amaze me.  Through all of the challenges and the rejection, Alma and Amulek never gave up their faith in the Lord and they continued to walk steadfast before God.  Sometimes I like to put myself in their shoes and think of what I would do, honestly I don't know if I could do even half of the great things that they accomplished during their ministry among the people of Ammoniah.  Well continue to be steadfast like the prophets of old and always trust in our Heavenly Father for He will provide if we have faith in Him.  Mahal na mahal ko po kayo.  May God be with you till we meet again.



                                            -Elder Cole




No comments:

Post a Comment